The school crest was designed by the Loreto Sisters and reflects the unity of the Trinity, which is reflected in family and school. The movement is directed upwards in praise of God from whom all good things come.
The school motto was developed at the same time and illustrates from scripture the school’s name – the Sacred Heart of Jesus:
GOD IS LOVE
And anyone who lives in love, lives in God and God in that person (1 John 4:16)
The school prayer is:
Jesus I believe in you. Jesus I trust in you. Jesus I love you. Jesus bless me all my life. Amen.
Founded in the Loreto tradition, whereby followers are invited to become ‘lovers of truth and workers for justice,’ Sacred Heart School is a faithful community endeavouring to provide a learning environment in which staff, students and parents show by example that ‘God Is Love’.
Sacred Heart strives to:
- Encourage a living faith, seeking Christ through the teachings of Jesus.
- Develop the spiritual, physical, emotional, social and intellectual potential of each child.
- Promote truth and justice. Develop sensitivity towards, and respect for the uniqueness of others.
- Prepare students so they can see themselves as role models for positive change in an ever changing society.
- Encourage the child to be environmentally responsible. Encourage children to accept responsibility for themselves and for their actions.